A4988 Reprap Stepper Motor Driver
A4988 is a complete micro-stepping motor driver with built-in translator for easy operation. It includes a fixed off-time current regulator, the regulator in slow or mixed decay modes. A4988 converter is the key to the easy implementation. As long as the “step” input inputting one pulse drives the motor one micro-step. There are no phase sequence tables, high frequency control lines, or complex interfaces to program. A4988 interface is very suitable for complex microprocessor is unavailable or is overburdened.
- Simple step and direction control interface, short-to-ground and shorted-load protection.
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step.
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay).
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection.
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates.
- Internal synchronous rectification control circuitry is provided to improve the pulse-width modulation (PWM) operation power consumption.
Step Mode: Full, half, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16
Output Driver Capacity: 35V, ±2A
Driver Size: 20 x 15mm / 0.78 x 0.59″
Heat Sink Size: 5 x 5mm / 0.19 x 0.19″
1 x Driver module
1 x Heat Sink
19 in stock